Hey Bro, it seems you can’t play in this casino, try these instead, they’re all awesome:
4.3 / 5
Weekly Cashback 10%
4.7 / 5
1st Deposit A 120%
Lucky Tiger Casino
4 / 5
1st deposit up to $2,600 + 100% Cashback
What’s up rollers,
Welcome to Lilly’s Golden Star Casino review, and let me tell ya right off the bat, if you’re stockpiling cryptos and also like to gamble online, this could be your next virtual destination. Golden Star Casino is a good place to invest your time, money, and cryptos. Still, it’s far from perfect, which is why this review has been a long time coming. Let’s dive into this casino online review australia and see what are the strengths and weaknesses of this popular online casino, shall we?
Casino Review Details
This instant play, mobile gambling site is owned and operated by Dama N.V. Golden Star online casino was established in 2012 and it has a Curacao license, offering us provably fair games with the usual return to player percentages. The website is designed in a very traditional way, going for the tried and tested colour schemes and functions. A bit boring if you ask me, but efficient non the less. In terms of usability, this casino earns a solid B, thanks to a well-made search engine and easy-to-navigate sections. The FAQ page, in all honesty, deserves a serious overhaul, which lowers the score from A to B. The same goes for responsible gambling tools – there are a couple of features available, but in order the be a fully pledged responsible casino Golder Star has to introduce a couple of more safety features.
Reality Check Reminder
Online Transaction History
Help And Support
Self Assessment Test
|languages:||English, German, Finnish, Russian, Spanish, Polish|
Compared to other online casinos, Golden Star is not so rigorous when it comes to restricted countries, but some of the major nations are indeed excluded.
- United States of America, United Kingdom, Spain, France and its overseas territories (Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Reunion, Mayotte, St. Martin, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna, New Caledonia), Netherlands, Israel, Lithuania, Dutch West Indies, Curacao, Gibraltar, Greece, Jersey, Belgium, Russian Federation, and Ukraine. Keep in mind that Aussie players can not play NetEnt games, so there’s that.
Golden Star Casino Bonuses
1st Deposit Bonus 100%/1000AUD
2nd Deposit Bonus 75%/150AUD
3rd Deposit Bonus 50%/150AUD
Reload Bonus 50%/625AUD
Okay, we have three deposit bonuses, reload bonuses, and a couple of ongoing tournaments as well. Golden Star Casino offers a mediocre welcome bonus, encumbered with bearable, but not very friendly wagering requirements. Before we jump to the cash bonuses, here are some of the key rules you need to remember.
- Maximum winnings related to welcome bonus and other bonuses is AU$15,000.
- Maximum bonus spins withdrawal via no deposit bonus or another non-deposit reward is AU$75
- Wagering contributions are as follows: table games 5%, video poker 5%, pokies (online slots) 100%, and live games 0%.
First deposit bonus
- 100% match bonus up to AU$1,000 + 100 free spins.
- Minimum deposit AU$30.
- Wagering requirements 40x dep. bonus + free spin winnings.
- Maximum bet AU$1,5.
- Bonus code: GS100.
Second deposit bonus
- 75% bonus up to AU$150.
- Minimum deposit AU$30.
- Wagering requirements 40x bonus funds.
- Maximum bet AU$1,5.
- Bonus code GS75.
Third deposit bonus
- Bonus 50% up to AU$150.
- Minimum deposit AU$30.
- Wagering 40x bonus funds.
- Maximum bet AU$1,5.
- Bonus code GS50.
Weekend Reload Bonus
- 50% of the deposit amount up to AU$625 + 60 free spins.
- 3 deposits weekly minimum, from Friday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59 UTC.
- Minimum deposit AU$30.
- Wagering 40x bonus amount + 40x free spin winnings.
- Maximum bet AU$7,5.
- Bonus code LUCKY50.
Gold Star VIP scheme is based around complimentary points, or comp points (CP). Comp points accumulate over time and they are awarded for playing pokies with real money. You will get 1 point for bets totalling AU$140, and you can exchange your complimentary points for some extra cash. Keep in mind that real money obtained by the exchange has a wagering of 3x. Here is the list of all VIP levels and appropriate exchange rates.
- New Star: 0 – 149 CP, exchange rate 15:AU$1,4.
- Bronze Star: 150 – 999 CP, exchange rate 14:AU$1,4.
- Silver Star: 1,000 – 4,999 CP, exchange rate 13:AU$1,4.
- Golden Star: 5,000 – 14,999 CP, exchange rate 12:AU$1,4.
- Platinum Star: 15,000 – 29,999 CP, exchange rate 11:AU$1,4.
- Black Pearl: 30,000+ CP, exchange rate 10:AU$1,4.
What a downer, bros and broettes, I was hoping for a much better deal. One hundred free bonus spins from the first deposit bonus are okay, but this is all you’ll get. There is a weekly reload bonus with additional 60 free spins, unfortunately for Golden Star Casino, there are heaps of other casinos offering us 200+ free spins right from the get-go.
Golden Star Casino Games
casino game types
Jacks or Better
Thousands and thousands of games are what you will get at Golden Star Casino, and apart from real and virtual sports betting, this casino has it all. Having said that, this plethora of online casino games could be even better if some of the A-lister were present, but sadly they are not. There’s no Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Nextgen Gaming, and BetSoft, which is why Zoom Roulette and some other games are missing from the list. Still, no drama, there are so many game genres that it’s hard to imagine a true gambler begin disappointed. From specialty games and scratch cards to traditional casino entertainment like table card games, live casinos online, and pokies/slots. Games truly do come in spades in Golden Star Casino, courtesy of some top-notch software providers.
- 4theplayer, 5men, Atmosfera, Augustus Gaming, Avatar, Baddingo, Bang Bang Games, Bb Games, Belatra, BGaming, Boomerang Studios, Booming Games, Booongo Gaming, BetSoft, Bulletproof, Ea Gaming, Evoplay, Fazi, Felix Gaming, Fugaso, Gamebeat, Gamevy, Hot Rise Games, IG Tech, iSoftBet, Jaderabbit, Ka Gaming, Leander, Live Slots, Lucky, Lucky Streak, Mancala, Mascot, Mr Slotty, Netgame, Nucleus, Only Play, Petersons, Platipus, Playson, Reel Life Games, Reflex Gaming, Spribe, Swintt, CT Gaming, Tom Horn, True Lab, Tvbet, Vivo Gaming, Wazdan, Yggdrasil, and Zillion.
Pokies, or video slots as they call them in the rest of the world, are this casino’s strong suit. It was a ton of fun playing them for hours but I still can’t decide which one is the best. Some of the qualifiers are:
- Book of Egypt, Aztec Magic, Wolf Treasure, Rhino Mania, Princess of Swamp, Totems of Gold, Book of Immortals, Elvis Frog in Vegas, Vikings go Berzerk, Legend of Cleopatra…
Unfortunately, classical casino table games are slowly being eaten by live casinos and other, more modern games and it shows. Golden Star Casino offers a basic set of traditional games, just enough to satisfy old-school casino customers, and I appreciate it. Here’s what you can play:
- Blackjack Surrender, European Roulette, American Roulette, French Roulette, Oasis Poker, Texas Hold’em, Hi-Lo, Rocket Dice, Sic Bo, Caribbean Poker…
If progressive jackpots are your thing, you will not be disappointed once you enter Golden Star Casino. So-called ‘progressive slots’ are pokies with insane rewards and there’s over one hundred of them available. My top picks for this season are as follows:
- Wolf Power, Sun of Egypt, Buffalo Power, Book of Gold, Divine Dragon, Lucky Cat, Great Panda, Jackpot Raiders, Solar Queen, Rich Diamonds, Fortune Cash…
Live Dealer Games
There are six game providers responsible for the live casino section, Atmosfera, Live Slots, Lucky Streak, Swintt, Tvbet, and Vivo Gaming. Golden Star Casino features a decent live casino section overall, ripper studios, professional croupiers, high-quality live stream, and the only drawback is the limited number of games available compared to the giants of the live casino segment. You can test your luck on one of these games:
- European Roulette, American Roulette, Live Roulette, Keno, Bet on Poker, Casino Hold’em, and plenty of different blackjack variants.
Video Poker Games
Yes, bros and broettes, if you like Joker Poker and other video poker variants, this is the right place for you. Simple to access, but hard to play like a pro, these games are legendary in the casino industry, and here they are, ready to play:
- Jacks or Better, Wild Texas, Joker Poker, Jolly Poker, Super Video Poker…
Bitcoin games are a relatively new trend in the casino business, quickly accepted by players from around the globe. Why use fiat currencies when you can play that sam games with virtual money instead?! Very well made section, packed with popular games, and some of them are:
- Queen and the Dragons, Book of Egypt, Golden Queen, Wolf Treasure, Princess of Sky, Fruity Sevens, Ancient Giants, Texas Hold’em, Roulette, Tesla’s Dreams, Neon Bar…
When nothing else seems to be working for you, there are always specialty games and those that don’t fit into any other game category. I play them when I am resting from my daily routine, and what about you? Would you like to try one of these?
- Plinko, Aviator, Heads & Tails, Mines, Keno, Gold Star Lottery…
I’ll admit, doing this test was a hard yakka, but the results were satisfying enough. First of all, some people think that having no casino mobile app is necessarily a bad thing, but I beg to differ. If a casino is well optimized, like Golden Star is, for instance, you can play games hassle-free using your regular internet browser alone.
I’ve tested Golden Star using iOS and Android operating mobile phones and had no issues whatsoever, I’m pretty sure Windows-powered phones would provide me with the same gambling experience. Some time ago there was indeed a glitch or two while playing Golden Star on the go, but it’s all in the past. Window scaling is nicely done, there’s no lag, and most of the games can be played with the same level of enjoyment like on your desktop or lappy.
Must Read: Mobile Casino Online
Golden Star Casino Payment Methods
In the banking department, things look bloody good if I may say. In fact, with a few more money transfer services included, and some of the fees excluded, Golden Star would be one of the best online casinos in terms of deposit and withdrawal methods. Unfortunately, Mastercard does not support payments from Australia.
- Visa, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, Qiwi, Paysafecard, iDebit (CA$ only), WebMoney, Neosurf, ecoPayz, Rapid by Skrill, MiFinity, Sticpay, Siru, Venus Point, AstroPay, Interac Online, MuchBetter, and Crypto Processing.
- Minimum deposit AU$30.
- Maximum deposit AU$7,500 (MiFinity AU$4,500, AstroPay AU$750, Sticpay AU$4,500).
- Qiwi, Paysafecard, iDebit, WebMoney, Neosurf, ecoPayz, and AstroPay have a 2,5% deposit fee.
- Visa, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, Qiwi, Bank transfer, iDebit (CA$ only), Instadebit, WebMoney, ecoPayz, Rapid by Skrill, MiFinity, Sticpay, Neosurf, Venus Point, Interac online, AstroPay, and Much Better.
- Minimum withdrawal AU$45, maximum withdrawals AU$7,500 per day, AU$15,000 per week, and AU$45,000 per month. Bank transfers and Web Money have a 2,5% withdrawal fee.
Obviously, real money bets are impossible without real money deposits, and Golden Star Casino is better prepared than some real banks I know. They also allow cryptocurrencies as payment methods. Here’s how they roll.
- Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, American dollars, Canadian dollars, Euros, Norwegian kroner, Polish zloty, South African rand, Japanese yen, South Korean won, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Tether.
What can I say, mates, this support staff is a bit iffy. It’s not the fastest crew in the world, and once you finally get to chat with them, the info they provide always needs some sort of clarification if you know what I mean. However, this is not to say they totally suck, instead, they need a well-deserved revision of how to handle customers or hire extra staff members. With that off of my chest, we’ve got an email, live chat, and direct phone line support at our disposal, including the already made online contact form. This slowish live chat is fluent in English and Russian if anyone cares.
Crikey, this looks more like a UN meeting than your regular online casino. The live chat is available in English and Russian, and you can play your favourite games and have a blast using one of these languages.
- English, German, Spanish, French, Greek, Norwegian, Slovak, Finnish, Hungarian, Arabic, Russian, Hindi, Italian, Czech, Japanese, Estonian, Polish, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai, Bulgarian, Croatian.
Golden Star Casino Review Summary
Here we are at the end, mates, let’s see what’s what. Golden Star has more than decent online gaming systems, but there are no sports whatsoever, so if you are a sports fan just leave right now.
The minimum withdrawal limit is set user-friendly, and maximum limits are perfectly fine for an average player. High rollers, though, must rely on discretionary benefits granted by the VIP program. Bonuses are somewhere in the middle compared to the other casinos, but I honestly do feel that more bonus money and free spins should be involved. The wagering is also mediocre, not harsh but at the same time not friendly enough, and as far as the games are concerned there are plenty of them for almost every player, casino pros excluded.
Pokie selection is superior to live dealer games, video poker, and table games, but the good thing is that apart from sports a player can enjoy the full spectrum of modern casino entertainment. Golden Star Casino offers a couple of responsible gambling tools, like underage gambling protection, suspension and deletion of the account, setting your betting limits, and self-assessment test, which is commendable, but some features are still missing.
On the other hand, currencies accepted, languages, withdrawal times, crypto games and features are what this casino does best, so if this is what rocks your boat, I highly recommend this casino. In any case, if you don’t care about sports visit this casino, play some games, and then make a fully informed decision. And remember, we got you, Bro!
Is Golden Star Casino a scam?
No, mate, Golden Star Casino is not a scam. It was established in 2012 and it is owned and operated by Dama N.V. This Curacao licensed casino offers provably fair games with the usual return to player percentages (RTP).
Where can I find information about Golden Star Casino Bonuses?
Click on the collapsing menu button in the top left corner of their website homepage, there is a ‘Promotions’ tab you can click on and check out all promotions and bonuses.
How do withdrawals at Golden Star Casino work?
Log into your account, go to the cashier/withdrawals, select your payment method, and type in the amount of money you wish to pull out.
Can Golden Star Casino refuse to pay out?
Yes, bro, all online casinos can refuse to pay you out if they suspect you are involved in fraudulent behaviour or if you break one or more rules listed on the Terms and Conditions page.
Is there a Casino Golden Star no deposit bonus?
No, there isn’t a Golden Star Casino no deposit bonus available at the moment.
How long does a Golden Star withdrawal take?
Payout speed greatly depends on your payment method. Wallets are almost instantaneous, credit cards usually take about 3 business days, and bank transfers are the slowest, taking from 3 to 5 business days. Keep in mind that there is an additional 24 hours withdrawal request processing time.
Can I play any of the casino games for free at Golden Star Casino?
Yes, you can play some of the games for free in demo mode, but in order to do so you must open a casino account and log in. Some games, however, can be played only if you place real money bets.
Can I claim a Golden Star welcome offer for live games?
Yes, you can, but there is a catch. Playing live dealer games does not contribute to your wagering requirements.
How to use the Casino Golden Star free spins?
Free spins are awarded automatically and can be used right away. However, online casinos will drop them in bundles of 10 or 20 per day, and in most cases, you can only use them on predetermined pokies. Before you start playing, please check the Bonus terms and conditions.
Does Golden Star Casino accept cryptocurrencies?
Yes, Golden Star does accept the most popular cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Tether.
Overall Rating by
Yeah. They helped me with a bonus when it didn't work. Good guys.
I played here a few times, wasn't impressed.
Can confirm that the live chat support is really good.